Rabbit Stew: Hunter/Blogger: Image too disturbing?

Thursday 23 April 2009

Hunter/Blogger: Image too disturbing?

Here's a picture of a dead rabbit on the tree stump outside my flat that I've been using as a butcher's block. Rather than gather them up in my hands, after I've chopped the head, feet and tail off, I use the plastic bucket to carry these parts to the bin.

The meat cleaver is one I got from Ebay for about four quid. I've tried to make it sharp but have - by and large - failed.

At the time I thought, well, this is, again, just going to send the 'wrong message' - but this seems a little bit crazy to me now. It's just a part of what happen when you hunt rabbits, and pretending it doesn't - pretending that it's a tidy business a lot like going to the local supermarket, well - it just isn't. That's not to say that it's horrific and a fit activity for would-be psychopaths either - that would be to fall into the error of simply wishing to shock for the sake of it.
__________________________________________________________

4 comments:

  1. Looks like a standard outdoor picture to me. Nothing over the top.

    Nothing that foretells dishonesty or cruelty. It is what it is, nothing more nothing less.

    Regards,
    Albert
    The Rasch Outdoor Chronicles.
    The Range Reviews: Tactical.
    Proud Member of Outdoor Bloggers Summit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was removed to protect my email from hooligans, not because I insulted the rabbitman, in case anybody wonders....I have it in writing.

    Chin Chin!
    Tom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi mate

    Regarding sharpening the Cleaver,what you need
    is a Axe Puck.Most good Hardware stores will
    have them

    Shaun. Ps good Blog....

    ReplyDelete