Rabbit Stew: Quick Woody Dinner

Monday 1 June 2009

Quick Woody Dinner


Take one freshly shot, plucked Wood Pigeon.
Look in fridge to see what's there.
Find onion, carrots, broccoli, bit of sweet potato.
Look in cupboard.
Find rice.
Chop veg and fry.
Add clove of garlic, chopped.
Fry more.
Add sliced Pigeon breasts.
Fry more.
Add salt, pepper and bayleaf.
Think about adding herbs; don't bother.
Wash cup of rice, add to pot.
Fry more.
Add boiling water to just cover all.
Lower heat to simmer.
Smoke, surf net.
Check rice, stir, add lid to pot if it needs it.
Smoke, surf net.
Say Grace (optional).
Scoff.
Go back for seconds.
Scoff.
Bizarrely, post documents relating to dinner on internet.

__________________________________________________________
Tags: , , , ,

4 comments:

  1. I'm convinced. I'm going to start shooting pigeons, thanks to you. I'm used to seeing Rock Doves (what we call pigeons over here), but they are about the same thing, right? We can shoot them year 'round if they are within so many feet of buildings. So, you may have the corner on pigeon posts now...Ah - I'll leave the posts to you. You have a remarkable sight. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a fine recipe, top to bottom!

    Makes me wanna go shoot barn pigeons too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I was a little kid, we had a neighbor, an older Italian lady, who would give me a nickle for each head shot rock pigeon. I would borrow this older guys Sheridan pump it exactly 7 times, and bust those pigeons off the roof of the house. Sometimes I could make a whole quarter in a couple of hours. Oh, and if they weren't head shot, I would only get 2.5 cents, and she meant it too.

    Regards,
    Albert
    Boar Hunting Calibers: Part I
    High Fence Hunting

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a very nice and very interesting story, Albert!

    By way of contrast, have a look at this recent story just down the road from me:

    http://tinyurl.com/qrvwcc

    ReplyDelete